MACHINIST (Drilling)Job Title MACHINIST (Drilling)
Business Group Drilling Systems
Department Service & RGR/Aftermarket
Payroll Status Regular
Job Description Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes,drill press and grinders.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
Job Requirements/ Qualifications High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 6 - 8 years related experience.
This person should have complete capability in interpretation of prints, complete competence and skill in the operation of several (min. 3) machine tools, and a positive attitude