Area Service ManagerArea Service Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: TX - Sonora
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
The Service Manager provides technical and operational expertise, and champions’ service excellence, creating customer satisfaction. The Service Manager efficiently deploys equipment, materials, and personnel to job sites with a focus of optimizing costs and maximizing manpower utilization. The Service Manager is typically responsible for one or more specific service delivery processes such as Basic Preventive Maintenance and Call Out/Repair within a specified geographical area or a single process across a large geographical area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Coordinates deployment of equipment, materials and personnel to the job site at optimum utilization and minimum cost across one or more service delivery processes within a specified geographical area.
* Compiles and conveys job-specific information to Field Service Technicians, other Service Managers and/or Senior Manager(s).
* Coordinates work with other Service Managers/Coordinators to minimize equipment downtime and most effectively utilize personnel.
* Responsible for administering employee feedback in accordance with Exterran Performance Management Program.
* Implements, manages and communicates performance measures for area for responsibility.
* Champions service excellence, health, safety, environmental policies, standards and process improvement.
* Accountable for implementation and execution of annual budget, and Operational Standards and Processes.
* Serves as a contact for customer and provides technical/operation expertise in response to customer inquiries.
* Provides leadership and communication of best practices.
* Participates in weekly management reviews of measures with team, develops and executes action plans for improvement.
* Provide strong communication in the following areas:
* Customer: Provide operational expertise, as well as Pre & Post job call backs
* Field Sales: Specific sales needs
* Service Techs: Job specific information, feedback and training needs
* Materials Coordinator/Manager: Resources/material needs
* Region Operations Manager: Coordinates needs
* Service Managers: Optimize plans & schedules, Policy & Process Requirements, Performance Measures, Best practices
* Service Quality Manager: Personnel issues, Work Quality of Personnel, Performance Metrics, Problem Jobs
Required Skills or Tools:
* Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and PC skills
* Exhibit strong customer service, interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
* Strong organizational, planning and scheduling, process management and negotiation skills
* Strong analytical abilities, mechanical aptitude combined and problem solving skills
* Strong Writing skills with technical subject matter and oral communication skills
* High school diploma or experience equivalent
* Specific industry knowledge and job experience
* Planning & Scheduling experience preferred
* 2-3 years of experience in customer relations
* 5-7 years of required technical experience
* 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
* Must be able to work under pressure
* Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
Apply To This Job