Responsbile for maintaining the integrity of multiple Mobile Switching Centers (MSCs) and the numerious network elements they contain. Responsibilities may include performing hardware installations, routine maintenance on Switching complex, interpreting reports, utilizing troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve complex system hardware/software problems. Assist Wireless Technicians and vendors with restoration activities when service impairments occur. Execute engineering work orders. Performs other duties as assigned by management.GENERAL DUTIES
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Uses sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring, repairing, maintaining and testing MSC, wireless site, transmission, and associated equipment.
- Performs required incidental and preventative maintenance on MSC, wireless site, power equipment, transmission, and associated equipment, and completes necessary logs, reports and postings.
- Operates Personal Computer, or similar devices, to access required systems and equipment.
- Assists in clearing of trouble with other groups and organizations, and works with other employees and / or customers in the maintenance and installation of wireless service.
- Moves and / or lifts material weighing up to a maximum of 60 pounds and drive long distances safely to complete job assignments.
- Works in MSC/RNOC/Wireless site environment with frequent guidance or assistance.
- Performs Network surveillance and emergency response as necessary. May be required to be available for after hours projects, On-Call duty, and overtime.
- May Drive Company vehicle.
- Maintains MSC/RNOC operations with general supervision.
- Performs and records maintenance procedures for all MSC and cellular system infrastructure.
- Performs installation and growth procedures as required with general supervision.
- Assists local telephone vendors for installation, testing, and maintenance of telephone facilities.
- Responds immediately to actual or potential service interruptions as required.
- Works with other team members, departments, and vendors as needed to ensure that all work efforts are done in a timely and efficient manner.
- May perform switch maintenance and software upgrades.
- May perform translations, use computer inputs to create, modify, and / or correct database contents, i.e. MSC and associated equipment.
Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed material, lift/carry 60 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in other uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks. Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand tools. Qualifications:
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. Must assume 24-hour on-call duty when assigned, and applicable.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Two (2) years related technical training or equivalent experience.
- May require valid state driver's license, or CDL, whichever is applicable, and satisfactory driving record check.
- May be required to be away from home location for extended periods of time.
- Classrom traiing. May be away from home location.
- On-the-job training.
- Computer Based Training.
- On-line t
Provisions listed in these Job Descriptions may be changed or modified by AT&T Mobility without prior notice at any time, at the Company's sole discretion.
The largest communications company in the United States. And the world. We are the industry leaders in providing wireless service, high speed internet access, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services across the US. We are also developing our business to include next-generation television services with our new AT&T U-VerseSM TV. Join our incredibly diverse company of more than 250,000 people and help drive the innovation that keeps AT&T at the leading edge of technology and service. Expect big things from the company that created the communications industry.